Total Pageviews

Friday 30 August 2013

Oh Just Fuck Off (Or, Why I Blog)

Been physically unable to blog for the past couple if weeks due to an injured wrist. (freak trapeze accident...don't ask) I still shouldn't be typing so am doing this off my phone with my thumb, coz you know what? It turns out I NEED to blog. Blogging keeps my temper and thus my kill rate down. It's a public service really. It means that loud chewers and people who play music on their phones without headphones live to annoy another day.

So, it's been doing my head in that I haven't been able to use my rage outlet.

I have taken ALL OF THE PAINKILLERS and am going to attempt to list the things that have had me crying because of the stupid.

Feminists. For fucks sake, enough already! We are not, and should not be a homogeneous block. We have different experiences and different outlooks. I loathe TERFS with every fibre of my being but have realised that no amount of pointing out that every woman, regardless of gender assignment at birth is my sister is going to change their minds. I only have so much energy and I intend to use it smashing patriarchy. Join me. Please. Let the TERFS implode on themselves. I'll keep up the dialogue with the Trans*  INCLUSIONARY rad fems and keep some of my sanity.

Music snobs. You can fuck off an all. Yeah, I'm looking at you Mumford haters. They're not my cup of tea either but slagging them off does not make you look cool. It makes you look like an asshole. Stop it.

Ditto white, middle class, cishet women who are so riddled with guilt at their 'privilege' that they feel the need to call everyone out on it on others' behalf. It's patronising and annoying. Stop it. Go do your storify/wank into a mirror/whatever. Just don't do it on my behalf. Newsflash. Just because you may know a bisexual woman of colour it does NOT give you the right to speak for us.

Miley Cyrus. You go girl. You want to twerk away like a Lidls version of Madonna you go for it. You wanna do it naked I am not gonna judge you. You wanna break out from the innocent little girl role that got you all those fans and all that money while playing into the hands of patriarchal ideals of purity then you do it. Not gonna pretend/assume you did it for the sisterhood, but a woman doing her thing? Always gonna support that.

Oh, Ed Miliband. You did the right thing over Syria. Showed some backbone and leadership. You played a blinder. Now let's see what your Syria plan is regarding peacekeeping and aid. And if you could do some more opposing, you know, over the economy and public sector cuts that would be good too.

Think party politics was the winner in the Syria vote? Fuck off. We still need to do something as human beings. That thing just didn't have to be missiles.

Equilibrium is being restored again. The rage beast is becalmed and my teeth have stopped grinding themselves to dust.

Time for a post blog ciggy and a cuppa.

See you all soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment