Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 February 2012

Reasons To Be Cheerful #thegoodmoodcontinues

Two days I've been in a good mood now. Two whole days. For anyone who knows me, this is unprecedented unless I am on leave or in a state of advanced inebriation. Even then it is touch and go!

My good mood has been infectious. And it has scared the shit out of my colleagues. Which is always good.

As I blogged my Very Bad Mood recently, I thought it only fair that I blogged the good one too. I hope you get some sense of joy from it.

So why am I in such a good mood? I got some perspective and made some decisions. A very dear friend was quite alarmed at that ('never a good sign, that!' she said) but I think she understands now.

So, my reasons to be cheerful.

1. I am loved.
Yeah I know this should have been obvious but it wasn't, ok? Even a Goddess has her insecure moments where she doesn't feel worthy. I mean, why else have worshippers? However, I realised that the support and love I have had over the past few months has sustained me. Better still, I have realised that I am deserving of it. And you know what? I like that. In fact I love it!

2. I love.
Oh yes I do buddy! It feels liberating to admit to it, but yes, I do! When I love, I love HARD. It can be intimidating, it can be intense, but you know what, if you can get past that, you might find that it is warm, secure, rewarding and maybe, just maybe, a little bit exciting.

3. NO MORE PINING!
I decided that I was no longer going to pine for what could be or should be in my life and start living it properly again. There is a certain thing that I am without. A thing that I value and love. I know I may be without it for a very long time and am prepared to wait for it, but while I do, I'm going to live my life. And enjoy it.

4. I'm in love with Holland's Pies.
I love them, am in love with them and will not be ever eating another pie. I belong to that pie exclusively and I could not be happier about that. It is a great pie. I am very happy with it. Pasties are very nice, but it is pie all the way for me. *does an I LOVE PIE wiggly dance*

5. I remembered how to smile.
(see item 4 about how great the pie is)

6. I found hope.
Not pie related this time but, social media related! I read through my Twitter and my FB  timelines and I realised something. This government may be the biggest bucket of cunts we have ever had the misfortune to encounter, Nick Clegg may be the most pointless thing since, well you can insert your own analogy here, they may be evil, pernicious and downright evil, but you know what? There are millions of us who will not go down without a fight. We are saying 'no' and we are teaching our families, our children, our communities to say 'no' too. And this makes me smile. And gives me hope that whatever happens, it will not happen quietly.

7. @calmconfusion
Love, love, love. #twolivesonebreath Oh My Goddess the woman is amazing and I am lucky to have her in my life. That level of understanding is so rare. If you find it, never let it go.

8. My wife Kaleigh. (and her boyfriend Monica)
These people have been so amazing I cannot even begin to tell you. They are always there to wiggly dance and feed me biscuits. I love them both like you cannot imagine.

9. A Game Of Thrones is coming back.
See my first ever blogpost on why I am #teamlannister. And me Mam and Dad bought me a Lannister tshirt to wear!!!!

10. I finally own sexy yet comfortable underwear.
If you are a woman, you know what I mean. If you are a straight man, no you cannot have pics.

There are loads of other reasons, but I fear that this will become far too gushy. So I will leave you with this. Where there is love, hope and THIS to dance to at a ridiculously loud volume there will be a good mood.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Question Time is on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment